Geek Out! will be published in print & ebook (compatible with the Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo, iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows devices in addition to PDF and other downloadable formats and web-viewable formats.)
Please read the following submission guidelines carefully before submitting your work to Geek Out. If you have any questions not answered below, please write us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer.
- Where queer meets geek. Whatever you geek out about, we want to read it!
- Genre Fiction (e.g. scifi, fantasy, western, noir, horror)
- Poetry: slam poems and non-traditional formats
- Creative Nonfiction (non-memoir based): opinion essays, topical articles, reviews, comedy
- Comics / Graphic short stories (black & white only)
- Scripts: short teleplays, screenplays, video scripts, etc.
Not Looking For
We are not looking for work in the following genres for this particular publication. (See our other Submission Guidelines homepage for other publications with upcoming deadlines seeking work in these genres.)
- Literary Fiction
- Memoir-based Nonfiction
- Traditional Poetry
Additionally, we never accept work in the following genres:
- work intended for Children
- Prose: up to 5,000 words
- Flash Non-fiction: 1 page or less
- Poetry: up to 3 pages (per poem)
- Comics & Scripts: up to 10 pages
- Submissions of longer than 10 pages must be numbered.
- All submissions must be typed. No handwritten submissions will be accepted.
- If you send your submission in, please do NOT mail us your only copy of your work. We can not be responsible for returning submissions.
- Multiple submissions (submissions of more than one work) are fine. Send us what you’ve got!
- Simultaneous submissions (submitting work you’ve already submitted–or are planning on submitting–elsewhere) are fine too.
- Please just be sure that if your submission gets accepted elsewhere, you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw it from consideration for Geek Out!
- Reprints will NOT be considered.
- We are seeking First English Anthology Rights and First World Anthology Rights in print and ebook formats.
- NOTE: These rights only allow the material to be used in the anthology and its reprints, and the writer retains all rights to their work not specified here (i.e. in the contract), including copyright to their work.
- We are also seeking, for all material, Non-exclusive Excerpt Rights (for the purposes of promoting the Anthology on the website).
- We will respond to all submissions by September 1, 2018.
- Contributors will receive $5 per printed page.
What to Submit
- Your submission
- A brief bio telling us something about you and (if applicable) any publishing experience
- At least one form of contact information (phone number, email, or mailing address. Please do not give a social media account handle as your only form of contact information.
- IMPORTANT: Pen names are acceptable. However, for contractual purposes, all submissions must also include the author’s legal name.
Where to Submit
Submissions may be emailed to us at: email@example.com
or mailed to us at:
PO Box 454
Lanesborough, MA 01237
AGAIN, MAILED SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED
- August 31, 2018