Every family has a rainbow sheep! These are some of their stories.
The premiere publication in Qommunicate Media’s LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology Series features stories and poems by children of gay dads and lesbian moms, transgender fathers and children, queer aunts and uncles, and more about life in their families — all “straight” from the rainbow sheeps’ mouths.
Here’s just some of what you’ll find inside “Queer Families”:
- An 8-year-old girl tells what it’s like to grow up with two Dads.
- A 13-year-old girl describes life with two Moms.
- A closeted man struggles over leaving home without abandoning his children.
- A transgender man and his wife face discrimination in the fost-adopt system.
- A lesbian mom who prefers “masculine” things confronts a “feminine” streak in her young son.
- A gay man and his stoic mother bond at the funeral of the family’s “black sheep”.
- A transgender woman recalls a man who was family to all who knew him.
Curry Kalmus is one of the cofounders and co-CEOs of Qommunity LLC, with his husband, Sage. He is a Community Health Worker in Berkshire County, Massachusetts and was Associate Editor of Qommunicate’s first publication, “Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ+ Creative Anthology, Volume 1”.
Sage Kalmus is the other cofounder and co-CEO of Qommunity LLC, with his husband, Curry, and Senior Editor of Qommunity’s publishing imprint, Qommunicate Media. He teaches writing in Lesley University’s Creative Writing MFA program and was Editor of Qommunicate’s first publication, “Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ+ Creative Anthology, Volume 1”. His fiction has appeared in Whisperings Magazine, Carnival Online Literary Journal, and Rose Red Review. His essays and articles have appeared in The Writer, The Hampshire Gazette, and Livestrong.com. He wrote and directed three plays in San Francisco. He worked as an editorial intern for Dzanc Books and was a three-time contest reader for Salamander Magazine’s summer fiction contents. Since 2004 he’s been a part-time freelance writer, editor, and ghostwriter. He holds a BS in Film & Broadcasting from Boston University and a MFA in Creative Writing from Lesley University. He lives in western Massachusetts with his loving husband and their four-legged family.
Formats / ISBNs
Ingram (BN, IndieBound): 978-1-946952-06-6
epub (Nook, iBooks, Kobo, other eReaders): 978-1-946952-08-0
mobi (Amazon Kindle): 978-1-946952-07-3
Visited 487 times , 2 Visits today